Art, food, music, shopping and swag – who could ask for anything more? Stroll through town and discover Warren at the 2011 Warren Walkabout this Sunday, October 23rd from 12noon – 5pm. Explore artists’ open studios, browse unique small shops, savor delicious local fare and enjoy roving live musicians. The weather forecast looks promising, and if your feet get tired you can just hop on the trolley (courtesy of Columbus Credit Union). The Bay Magazine October issue includes a top-notch pullout map, with descriptions of the trolley stops and the shops, studios, restaurants and places to pop-in during the Walkabout – here’s just a sampling of where we’re heading:
Trolley Stop #2
- Warren Arts Initiative, 514 Main Street, to see the special photography exhibit
- The Coffee Depot, 501 Main Street, for the coffee and the vibe
- In Your Ear, 462 Main Street, to indulge our feelings of nostalgia
- The Bay Magazine/Walkabout Information, 510 Main Street, for the SWAG!
Trolley Stop #4
- 30 Cutler Street, for the artists’ Open Studios tour, like a backstage pass
- Tom’s Market, 137 Child Street, snacktime!
Trolley Stop #5
- Warren Art Spot, 6 Child Street, open studio funtime for the kids, and kids-at-heart!
- IMAGO Gallery, 36 Market Street, and Jim Bush Art Gallery, 426 Main Street, to enjoy the art and the quiet
- MUSE, 420 Main Street, for a leisurely browse
Trolley Stops #6 & #7
- all those shops along Water Street where we never have enough time to linger and enjoy – today we do! Summerwood, The Greenery, Luca, The Wooden Midshipman, DISH, and many more…
End the day with dinner plans – out to a local restaurant (Stella Blues? Samantha’s Pizza?) or head over to Blount Market for some delicious soup to heat at home, or back to Tom’s Market for their mouthwatering heat-at-home selections, or maybe …